- What would you do in a conflict situation?
- I would remain calm and polite.
- I would try to find out what the problem was.
- I would try to solve it in a friendly and tactful manner.
- If I couldn’t solve it, I would call my manager to sort out the situation.
- Give an example.
I worked as a sales assistant in Pennys. One day a lady came to me when I was working on the till to complain that an item she had bought was faulty, she was quite angry and was raising her voice. I remained calm, listened to her, dealt with her in a very friendly and polite way and apologised for the fault, because of this she calmed down. I then called the supervisor in order to make an exchange for her. She was very happy with how everything was handled.
Breda Hegarty – Career Counsellor
If you would like to work on your interview techniques and learn the secrets and tips to making an excellent impression, contact Breda today!
Breda Hegarty is a fully qualified career guidance counsellor based in Dublin. Breda has been providing expert career counselling and guidance for 15 years, supporting adults to choose the right career and identify their skills. Her expertise is in the area of successful CV and cover letter writing, career planning and interview preparation.